Sunday, November 29, 2009

boy am I behind lol. the critters from Europe arrived a while ago already. 5 new Gerbils:

Munckin: mottled Black
Spirit: Siamese
Prize: Slate
Chelsey: Grey Agouti
Spook: Schimmel

plus 1 new big girl...Miami a Checkerd Garter snake who is WWAAAAYYY bigger then we expected! 33.5" to be exact...and that was before she shed yesterday.

and the door I bought for the birds is now installed, Timo and Toivo are lovin it. I am still amused by how attached they are to eachother. I still cant believe it, its like they are kindered spirits, Toivo is 4 years old, Timo is 2, yet the moment Timo came out of his carry box, Toivo..rather then get upset, fell in love, he started singing at the sight of Timo and to this day I cannot seperate them. Toivo is very skittish of people, and sometimes he will just freak out and refuse to get near me..all I have to do is tell Timo "step up" walk over to Toivo with Ti on my hand, and Toivo will forget his fears and happily jump on my hand. I dont quite understand it, but for some reason its like Toi NEEDS Ti, and he knew it from the second they layed eyes on one another.

in other news....next year we are getting more Europe Gerbils! and actually we can tell AGS to stuff it lol. back in June they brought over some Blue Gerbils from Europe, but they are keeping them under tight wraps, AGS breeders are the only ones allowed near them.. because god knows they cant let "lesser" humans lay eyes on a colour that is not controlled at all in Europe..where it originated lol. our friend in Quebec that imported our most recent guys, he got a hold of a breeder in Europe who agree'd to hold onto a group of her muations until he get get there in Septemeber. we will be getting Blue(Dilute Black) and since we now have Slate we will also be able to produce Smoke(Dilute Slate) . she also has a coat mutation called Angora that we will be getting..we dont know much about that yet though.

No comments: